The high-end Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera 6K is based on a full-frame 6K sensor and an active Leica L lens mount and offers rich colors, accurate skin tones, a wide dynamic range of 13 stops and a built-in OLPF filter (optical low pass) that is specially tailored to the enormous 24 x 35 mm sensor. ENG users and other mobile videographers will appreciate the ability to simultaneously record both Blackmagic Raw and H.264 proxies to Blackmagic Cloud. The Cinema Camera 6K is a step up from the Pocket Cinema Camera line, but retains the ability to use all existing PCC accessories.
Full-Frame 6K sensor
A huge full-frame sensor with a native resolution of 6048 x 4032 lets you shoot with shallow depth of field and use anamorphic lenses uncropped for a truly cinematic look.
The sensor's 13-stop dynamic range with dual native 400 and 3200 ISOs that can be expanded to 25,600 deliver stunning, low-noise images in all lighting conditions, including bright sunlight and very low light.
Flexibility with Full-Frame
- The full-frame sensor of the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K offers the possibility to work in different film formats and aspect ratios without sacrificing quality.
- By using the entire surface of the sensor you get a unique 3:2 open gate image, which also allows you to reframe your shots in post-production.
- The large sensor enables true 6:5 anamorphic shooting without cropping, producing detailed, cinematic images in higher resolutions than previously possible.
- Use the Super35 crop on the sensor to get an instant close-up of your shot that fits seamlessly with open gate shots.
Advanced Leica L mount
- The Leica L lens mount is suitable for the full-frame sensor of the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K and guarantees compatibility with both new and old lenses. With a large diameter of 51.6 mm, the L mount is compatible with the latest full-frame lenses from manufacturers such as Leica, Panasonic and Sigma.
- The very short flange distance of only 20mm allows you to easily add Canon EF, ARRI PL and other adapters for various lens mounts without affecting image quality.
- The separately sold EF adapter enables lens control and data transfer for compatible lenses.
Multiple resolutions and frame rates
- The Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K captures all standard resolutions and frame rates, from HD to DCI 4K and 6K, with photos up to 24.6MP.
- Video frame rates are 6048 x 4032 3:2 open gate at 36 fps, 6048 x 2520 2.4:1 at 60 fps and 4096 x 2160 DCI 4K at 60 fps.
- Higher frame rates are captured with a sensor crop of 2112 x 1184 Super16 at 100 fps.
- True anamorphic 6:5 at much higher resolutions than other cameras is available with anamorphic lenses in 4838 x 4032 4.8K at 24 fps.
Post-friendly file formats
- High-resolution Blackmagic Raw footage lets you adjust details, lighting and color during post-production.
- The Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K can also record HD H.264 proxies in real time, allowing media to be easily shared around the world in minutes.
- Blackmagic Raw is highly optimized and can run on multiple CPU cores. It features GPU acceleration to work with Apple Metal, CUDA and OpenCL. This means that your images always maintain unprecedented resolution and quality for color, keying, compositing, reframing, stabilization and tracking in HD, 4K or 6K. Media files work on all operating systems plus you can format media cards and drives in HFS+ for Mac and ExFAT for Windows.
5" LCD touchscreen
- The bright, HDR 5" touchscreen LCD can be used for framing, focusing and applying 3D LUTs for monitoring.
- On-screen overlays show status, recording parameters, histograms, peaking, frame guides, levels and more.
- The screen's tilt function makes it easy to view and adjust your settings, especially when shooting in high or low mode.
CFexpress Type B or external discs | DaVinci Resolve included
- The Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K records internally to a CFexpress Type B or externally via the USB-C port to an SSD or flash media drive.
- The CFexpress cards are both more durable and faster than older media forms, capable of recording up to 12-bit full-resolution Blackmagic Raw files.
- A 256GB CFexpress card can record over an hour of UHD 6K footage.
- Thanks to the high speed of the CFexpress cards, you can edit them directly with the included DaVinci Resolve software.
Generation 5 color science
- Featuring the same Generation 5 color science as the high-end URSA Mini Pro 12K, the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K delivers even better image quality with stunning, accurate skin tones and true-to-life color reproduction in every shot.
- A new dynamic 12-bit gamma curve is designed to capture more color data in the highlights and shadows for better-looking images.
- The Gen 5 color science also handles some of the complex Blackmagic RAW image processing, so color and dynamic range data from the sensor is preserved via metadata that can be used in post-production. This means you get images with a natural, film-like response to color adjustments in post-production with DaVinci Resolve.
- The Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K may be compact, but it features a range of professional interfaces.
- Connections include an HDMI-A video output, a USB-C port and a 12VDC port.
Built-in microphones and Pro Audio inputs
- Professional audio support includes two mini-XLR inputs with phantom +48V power for recording two separate audio tracks.
- The camera has four built-in, shock- and wind-resistant microphones with an extremely low noise floor.
- This camera also has a 3.5mm stereo input, a speaker and a 3.5mm headphone output.
Bluetooth camera remote control
- Gain full control of your Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K via Bluetooth up to a distance of 10 meters.
- Use the Blackmagic Camera Control app on your iPad.
- Use third-party apps like Bluetooth+ or Trigger on your iOS and Android devices.
- Ideal for boom, jib arm or other hard to reach setups or locations.
Carbon fiber composite housing
- The Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K has a compact housing made of a lightweight carbon fiber-polycarbonate composite.
- It features a multi-function handle with complete controls for recording, ISO, WB and shutter settings at your fingertips.
- Zoom, high-speed framerate, setup menus and playback are available via conveniently placed buttons on the rear panel.
DaVinci Resolve Studio license included
- This camera includes a full version of DaVinci Resolve Studio software.
- Features include a new cut page with intelligent tools and functions to quickly find, edit and quickly output the footage you want.
- Use DaVinci Resolve for editing, color correction, audio post-production and visual effects.
Record horizontally or vertically
- Easily create cinematic vertical content for TikTok, YouTube Shorts and other social media platforms.
- The HUD (heads up) on the screen rotates so that critical information, such as frame rate, shutter and frame guides, remain clearly visible.
- Clips are automatically tagged as vertical so they appear correctly on your timeline and can be easily uploaded to your channel with direct export to TikTok and YouTube.
- You can power the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K with Sony L-series NP-F570 batteries, the included AC adapter with international plugs or the separately available Battery Pro Grip.
- Battery trickle charging is possible via the USB-C expansion port.
Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera 6K (Leica L)
Lens Port Cap
Locking Power Supply with International Adapters (30W)
Sony L-Series Type NP-F570 Battery
L-Series Battery USB Charger
DaVinci Resolve Studio Activation Key
Effective: 24.6 Megapixels
36 x 24mm (Full Frame) CMOS
400 to 3200 (Extended: 100 to 25,600)
Internal Recording Modes
Blackmagic RAW 12 Bit
External Recording Modes
Media/Memory Card Slot
Slot 1: CFexpress Type B
1 x HDMI (Unspecified Signal) Output
Mobile App Compatible
Yes: iOS Only
Still Image Capture